Which printers can print from tablet without wifi?

PazSarmah 10:39 13 Jan 15

Hi all I am looking to print from an Android tablet, an android phone and also an iphone 4s but in an environment with no wifi. Which printers will allow me to print directly from the devices? Ideally I am looking for a budget printer (under £100 or thereabouts) from which I will print only once or twice a week. Sadly I do not know which android version the tablet is running but it's only a year old so will not be too ancient. Phones are Jelly Bean 4.1 (Samsung Fame) and Cyanogen 11/android 4.4.4 (Oneplus One). The iphone printing is optional.

Any help appreciated! Thanks

The Kestrel 18:57 13 Jan 15

This android app allows you print via USB, internet or bluetooth. It also lists which printers are supported.

click here

PazSarmah 22:35 13 Jan 15

Thanks Kestrel - will take a quick look! :)

BRYNIT 09:53 14 Jan 15

HP printers will print directly with iphones and android you just have to set the printer to direct print. Not sure how to set the iphone but I think you have to select the printer from settings/Wi-Fi. For the android you download the HP all in one remote app and when selecting the printer you need to also select Wi-Fi direct print.

Most other printer will have wifi but not sure about direct print or what apps are available.

Secret-Squirrel 10:27 14 Jan 15

Paz, following on from Brynit's post, the HP feature he mentioned is called "HP Wireless Direct" - there's more info here. Note that you don't need an existing home WiFi network as your mobile devices connect directly to the printer.

There are lots of sub-£100 HP printers out there but before you buy one, confirm that it supports Wireless Direct by checking its specifications on the HP website.

chub_tor 10:28 16 Jan 15

My Brother MFC -J870DW prints direct from my Samsung tablet via an app called BrotherPrint that can be found in the Play Store.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…