Which Printer / Scanner to buy

scp99 13:31 25 Nov 05

Hi,

Am looking for some advice about which printer/scanner to buy. I need the printer to be a uni-directional printer with a usb connection.

The main use will be for printer photoquality prints and general text type documents. It will be part of very small home network attached to a draytek adsl router modem.

The quantity of prints will be small probably no more than 700 per year. 500 text docs and about 200 photoquality.

I as need to be able to scan in docs for storage on to hard drive. Quality of scan doesn't have to great but should be good at least.

Running costs not too bothered about.

Anybody got any suggestions and assistance would be appreciated.

pj123 16:50 25 Nov 05

Although I wouldn't normally reccommend it I think your best bet would be an MFD.

These are an all in one Multi Functional Device which generally includes a printer, scanner, copier and sometimes a fax machine.

click here

stevegazza 19:43 25 Nov 05

Canon Pixma MP760. £145 from ebuyer inc p&p. Great print quality. Pretty economical to run and it's got a built in neg. and transparency scanner as well as a copier and scanner. Great value

GaT7 20:19 25 Nov 05

Reviews of the Canon Pixma MP760 Photo All-in-One - stevegazza's recommendation - click here & click here.

Purchase links - Ebuyer click here / Novatech click here. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…