Which Printer?

tamc98 23:55 28 Jan 03

I am looking to replace my ageing epson stylus 460 printer.
I was given a Canon A40 digital camera for Chrimbo so want a printer that is capable of high quality photo printing. I also do alot of text printing so need one that is capable of good quality text at a reasonable speed.
I do not need a built in card reader or lcd screen as all my pictures are downloaded to computer first for cropping etc.. Printer connection can be parra' or usb (1.1 or 2) and max of £150.
All recommendations grately recieved.
TIA, Tony.

€dstow 08:08 29 Jan 03

How about getting a low cost B/W laser for your text work (some Samsungs and others are much less than £100 and seem to work forever on one toner cartridge) then get a "C" series Epson with the money you have left. Use the Epson for what it is best at - colour printing.

Give some thought to the low running costs of a laser printer and see if you can persuade yourself to go a little higher in the capital outlay to, say, an Epson C82.

€d

Andsome 08:40 29 Jan 03

I too had to replace an ageing Epson 460 before Christmas. I had always been very pleased with it, and went the Epson route again. You just cannot fail with the Epson Stylus Photo 830. The photo printing is absolutely superb. Printing four pictures onto an A4 sheet I have had no need to use the top resolution yet. I just cannot see any dot formation at all no matter how faint. The old 460 served me well until I got my Olympus C3020 zoom, and at 760 dpi I could just make out the dot formation in good light. The stylus 830 is not the quietist around, but is far quieter than the 460. I am also extremely happy with text. The software cannot be faulted. For heavens sake go and buy one today, they are UNDER £100. NO I DON'T WORK FOR EPSON. I just happen to think that they are superb value for the money. For genuine cartridges at rather silly prices, try click here , or click here. Both are in Guernsey and do not charge VAT. Delivery of ANY size order from telephoned orders with either company is £1.95, and from 7day shop online orders are delivered for £0.95. They both offer excellent quality gloss heavy weight paper at 270 grm, and I have had excellent results on greetings cards using 210 grm double sided matt photo paper from MX2. Close this discussion now and BUY ONE!!!!!!!!!!!.

€dstow 09:36 29 Jan 03

- - - and you can't get keener than that!!!;-))

€d

tamc98 14:15 29 Jan 03

The epson 830 was one of the printers I had been looking at so it looks as though I'll be off to get one later.
Cheers, Tony

Andsome 08:32 30 Jan 03

Let us know what you think of it.

€dstow 08:54 30 Jan 03

Note you could still almost get a low cost laser printer as well for your £150 budget.

€d

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…