Which portable hard drive

HOPE 11:39 14 Jun 07

Hi
I would like to buy a portable hard drive for my wife who is takeing a teaching degree.It needs to about 60-80gb with usb2 and hopefully a firewire port although this is not essential.I am looking for relability and a good warranty.
Hope any one can help
steve

I am Spartacus 12:32 14 Jun 07

I've been using Freecom drives for a number of years

click here

This one click here is the same as one I have except mine's 120GB. It's powered by a USB port so doesn't need a separate power supply.

The 2 I have have been reliable. To to be honest a warranty is not much use if the drive fails and you lose all your data. An additional backup medium should be considered if this drive is intended to be the sole data repository.

I did have 2 LaCie drives which failed within 2 years. I may just have been unlucky.

scotty 13:59 14 Jun 07

I have a 120GB Freecom Toughdrive which has been fine. 2.5" drives are much more portable than 3.5" and they can generally be powered directly by the USB port so you do not need to carry a power lead.

click here

wjrt 19:15 14 Jun 07
  ripvan 14:32 16 Jun 07

Hi,HOPE,don't know if it is too late but had an advert in this mornings paper.Staples are doing an Iomega 250gig external drive for £49.99.It does not list the spec but should be on the website. Iomega have always had a good name and at that price would be a good buy.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…