Which PC design package is best?

SG21 14:58 28 Feb 05

Help!... I am trying to become a freelance graphic designer (producing flyers, brochures etc) but I hate using Macs because of all the file transfer problems between PC's & Macs. I've used various PC based design packages in the past but never found one that could rival Quark.

Are there any new (last 2-3 years ish) PC packages that can do the job? I don't need to be able to design websites, just material that is to be printed.

Adobe Illustrator 10 & Macromedia have both been mentioned to me but the reviews I've read on them seem to indicate they are both mostly for web design. Is this right?

Thanks for your help!!!

ventanas 16:06 28 Feb 05

Not at all. I assume by Macromedia you mean Freehand. Both of these are true vector drawing programs which are also capable of web design. It depends what you want to do. As you have mentioned Quark you probably want publishing software. Adobe's offering is click here

But it is possible to purchase all Adobe's creative products in one box at a favourable price. click here

TomJerry 16:06 28 Feb 05

Adobe Illustrator is for vector-based graphics drawing Macmedia Dreamwawer is for web site design

you can try to use "Microsoft Publisher" to produce the final flyer and to use "Corel Draw" to draw graphics

sloan_5 05:07 01 Mar 05

the latest Adobe publishing software is In Design
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…