Which PC is the better option?

soulfulsista 13:55 27 Feb 08

I'm trying to find a new PC and these are the two that I'm stuck on.

The HP A6250 has Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 processor, 3GB RAM & 500GB hard drive and is £619.99 for the tower. More info: click here

Whereas the Zoostorm 4-41488 has Intel E8400 Core 2 Duo processor, 2GB RAM, 500GB hard drive, nVidia 8800GT graphics card and is £649.99 for the tower, monitor etc. More info/review: click here

I don't really mind about the monitor and keyboard being included or not, I'm just looking for the best PC.

belfman 14:22 27 Feb 08

The HP isn't as the graphics is seriously lacking any muscle.

Get from here click here

GaT7 20:30 27 Feb 08

What are you going to be using the PC for? From the two options, it's unclear what your main use of the PC is going to be. The HP cannot be used for high-end gaming, while the Zoostorm can because of it's much better graphics card.

If you're not into games, save almost £100 on the HP & get this Dell instead:

Dell Vostro 400 click here - this comes with a 22" monitor, & better graphics card (256Mb 2600XT) than the HP = £527

Changes to make to the spec:
- 1Yr Basic Warranty
- Dell™ 22" Black Wide Flat Panel (E228WFP)
- Logitech™ Cordless Desktop™ EX110

Add to basket, go to checkout & add this 5% voucher code: F83HW0S41J$6FS

Screenshot: click here

The only hassle is that this offer ends ENDS TODAY (they do come back from time to time though).

Go through Quidco click here & get £22-23 off (more about how Quidco works explained in this thread click here).

If you need a gaming PC, just let me know & I'll spec one up for you at Dell. Your budget appears to be £650 max.

Dells offer the best value, & I haven't come across anyone else that comes close - especially when they have these special offers/discounts. G

soulfulsista 21:39 27 Feb 08

Thanks for the answers.

I don't want one for gaming, just quality a PC for home. We haven't had the best of luck with Dell's at my workplace so I'm not really looking for a Dell system. Thanks though.

belfman 14:40 28 Feb 08

"I don't want one for gaming, just quality a PC for home."

Quality to me means decent components in general a lot of systems by big manufacturers are as I said lacking in the Graphics Dept to maximise profits. It always annoys me when you see adverts for some of these vendors and the graphics spec is omitted - it's one of the most important parts!

Try Cougar in my link.

GaT7 17:27 28 Feb 08

Be aware that Cougar's basic spec, even for high-end gamimg PC's, is very poor in the power supply department. Unfortunately, if you want something better, you need to pay a premium. Wonder why Cougar skinch on one of the most important parts? Is it to maximise profits I wonder?

belfman - "in general a lot of systems by big manufacturers are as I said lacking in the Graphics Dept to maximise profits" - can you post some links to back that up please?

belfman - "graphics spec is omitted - it's one of the most important parts!" - It's most important to gamers only. The majority of buyers are after non-gaming PCs. The ones who need a gaming PC will usually know what they're looking for GPU-wise. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…