Which new Netbook to buy???

jpread80 18:26 PM 05 Jul 11

Hi all,

I am looking to buy a Netbook. I currently own a rather ancient laptop and urgently need to replace it.

I have between £200-£250 to spend and would welcome any suggestions as to the best I can get for that sort of price range.

Thanks for your help/advice in advance.

Justin.

flick 19:09 PM 05 Jul 11

I bought an Asus 1015px 3 weeks ago (now £230 at Amazon) chosen because it has an Atom N570 processor good battery life as well as all the usual netbook features.It looks nice and does the job I need it for.I also considered the SAMSUNG NP-N150 (£250 from Comet) You should budget an extra £15 for upgrading to 2GB ram and possibly £50 to take the operating system from Windows 7 starter to Home Premium.

However,unless you particularly want the portability of a netbook and can live with the drawbacks of small screen, keyboard and underpowered processor, then £300 could buy you a reasonable 15.6" laptop with all the extras above included.

If £250 is the most you want to pay then Argos has an Acer D255 for £230 in their sale which includes the Home Premium upgrade.

Hope this helps.

dms_05 11:31 AM 07 Jul 11

If money is a real problem try Googling 'ebay argos outlet'. You will find Argos sell large numbers of laptops/netbooks through their site, many are 'refurbished' which usually means they were supplied on-line and returned as unsuitable so were never used. I bought an MSI Wind netbook this way last year - it came with a full 12 months warranty - and it works faultlessly. It cost me £149 and is a superb netbook. Take a look.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

OS X Yosemite vs Windows 10: The Mac and PC operating systems go head to head UPDATED