Which new laptop? Budget around £400

Damo1977 15:58 25 Sep 09

Hey guys,

I currently have a Sony Vaio FS115B Laptop which is a bit dated now and the specifications struggle with some of the things I need it for these days. Anyway thinking about replacing it and wanted some help and advice......

I currently use my laptop for work as well but pretty soon I will be getting a Samsung NC10 and this will be specifically for my work as I need it on the go. So I just need a laptop that my girlfriend can use for web browsing etc and also downloading my videos from my new HD Camcorder.

I'm hoping to get a decent one for around £400 and just a 15" screen is fine. But I'm not sure about what sort of processor I need or any other specifications really but any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

What are the brands to consider and more importantly what are the brands to avoid??

Thanks.
Damo

The Kestrel 23:46 25 Sep 09

How about this one click here . Just over your budget, but very good specs. for the price and good customer reviews.

user8 18:11 26 Sep 09

Mentioned before on this subject suggest you take a look at your local Staples Store.
Some great bargains to be had!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…