which mp3 player

student86 11:44 11 Sep 05

I have been wanting to buy an mp3 player for a while and my finaces have finally come together. Which mp3 player is best for me. I want to spend less than 120 pounds, want 1-3 gigabytes.

pj123 16:39 11 Sep 05

Look through this lot:

click here

Personally my own MP3 player which only has 256mb memory but will take MMC cards so all I do is download to my cards and then play the one I want.

Totally-braindead 16:56 11 Sep 05

If you use the search box on the right and just key in MP3 you will find lots of advice and tons of links to other websites. Theres also reviews of some of them in this moths Computer Shopper magazine, the favourite they had, the Best Buy was the Apple iPod mini, 6 gig but its priced at £160 a bit above your budget. 7 day shop are doing them for £146 but they only have the pink ones left no problem if you're female but if you're male you may get some funny looks click here

Totally-braindead 17:03 11 Sep 05

You could get the 4 gig iPod mini £132.78 click here or the Zen micro 5gig £129.84 click here 3 colours available you don't have to pick this one.

ade.h 17:42 11 Sep 05

Pick up a RIO Carbon for £100 from click here It was £115 very recently, and that was cheap as chips. RIO is being withdrawn from the market this month, but don't let that put you off. I chucked my Zen Micro in favour of the Carbon when the Zen let me down, and I'm glad I did.

student86 19:09 11 Sep 05

the rio carbon is certainly tempting but what if something foes wrong with it, will i have any support and will there be any warantee to protect me?

ade.h 18:55 12 Sep 05

The parent company that produces RIO products would still be able to offer support. click here

If a product is discontinued, the company still has a legal and moral responsibility to support anyone who buys a new example from a legitimate source, as per the SSGA, etc. It is not the same as a company going into liquidation, when consumer rights are more limited if there is no-one who can be held responsible for them. You have nothing to worry about in this case.

SURVEY 11:27 13 Sep 05

I believe the Rio comes with an AC adaptor for charging. Can you also get a car charger?

ade.h 19:05 13 Sep 05

Car charger? Never had need to find out, to be honest. It wasn't included. Besides, unless you spend 20 hours in your car at any one time, you won't miss it.

SURVEY 09:58 14 Sep 05

ade.h - Point taken about the car charger. I presently have several of my CD's listed in Windows Media Player 9 WMA format as albums with tracks/genre etc. Can I transfer these directly from WMP on to the Rio?

ade.h 16:22 14 Sep 05

Yes, it can handle WMA. I wouldn't have bought it if it didn't, as my music library is all in that format.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…