which mp3 player?

Daxsimus 23:41 24 Jan 05

Hi, I'm buying my son an MP3 player for his birthday. But there are so many I don't know which. Narrowed it down to about 3 brands the apple ipod, iriver and zen. Any other suggestions? I was thinking about a 4GB one as I think that is ample and probably cheaper. Any recommendations for quality etc? Thanks in advance for any advise.
Dax.

bvw in bristol 00:09 25 Jan 05

iPod.

Buy him anything else he will never forgive you.

The mini iPod is superb by the way, I'm a 54yr old Dad with a 17yr old son....guess what he had for Christmas :)

Daxsimus 00:22 25 Jan 05

Thanks. At least one good revies for the ipod. I was leaning towards that, my son said he's not bothered which he has. But I said better to buy quality and it to last. Cheers. Dax

TomJerry 00:53 25 Jan 05

for trendy fashion, get Ipod, expensive but kids love them and mini is popular with girls

if you want to get good and value for money stuff, get npod 20GB with FM radio only costs £128 click here, you will find many satisfied users here

HXP 02:08 25 Jan 05

Think about an iPaq 2210 - plays mp3's, videos , plays games, has office suite, contacts etc. Voice recorder and if you buy TOM TOM & an ariel is a GPS for the car. Controlls tour TV links to your nobile ..... handwriting recognition etc etc

My son had one for xmas and on a recent school trip he mates could see the benefit over 'just' an mp3 player ...

Just a thought

PS I have one as well and it is a great PDA

HXP

rickf 17:51 25 Jan 05

Forget the mp3s buy one of these and he'll be very very happy. Got one for my son and its a subperb piece of kit. Does every thing it says and easily.Follow the link. Of course it plays mp3s as well.
click here

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 18:18 25 Jan 05

im 14,my sister has a nectac mp3 player we bought her for christmas it is 128mb but this isn't enough,also a freind of mine has an ipod (20GB) and he dropped it,and it never worked again.i would recommend a 512mb or 1gb mp3 player a good place to go is click here or click here good luck in your decision!

Gaz 25 22:55 25 Jan 05

Creative zen will play windows media files as well, which in my opinion makes it a tad better than the IPOD. The creative zen micro really is good, may not be as good looking or as 'BIG' as in brand name wise as the Ipod, but cirtainly worth a look.

Infact, I wouldn't buy an IPOD, just for the brand... whats the point. If only apple made it windows media compatible - then I would have had one.

My creative zen works a dream. As for 1Gb / 512Mb / 256 and 128Mb flash players - these are ver5y relaible and if you drop them - you can't damage a HDD because it's all solid state.

Daxsimus 23:00 25 Jan 05

Thanks for all the advise a few for me to have a good look at.
As to something Gaz 25 said is the apple ipod not compatible with XP and Win media player then? I like the look of the novatech npod and a lot cheaper with more space. Might make my mind up before his birthday, I hope! Dax.

georgemac © 07:23 26 Jan 05

my 12 year old got one for christmas and he is delighted with it - no problems with it at all

byfordr 08:09 26 Jan 05

Personally I went for iRiver...its got the lot. Plays most formats, good sound and is bundled with stuff that costs extra on the other players.

For the price the novatech one seems like a good deal.

I just sorted out one a Creative Jukebox Zen Xtra 40GB £160 from Microdirect. For the price its a good deal. The sound quality is pretty good...like with most MP3 players ditch the bundled headphones and get something decent. One thing I absolutely hated on it was the interface. The software for the pc is appalling.

I think theres a lot better players than the ipod. But theres no doubt about it, after some very clever marketing and the unique styling this is one desired player.

I found these guys have a good range, excellent product knowledge and good aftersales. click here They got mine to me the morning after I ordered it...from Scotland to the South coast. Needless to say I was well impressed. Also replaced it with similar expediency when it went faulty. No quibbles, replaced without fuss.

HTH

R

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…