Which motherboard for Athlon 1200 and PC133 RAM

I have a thread running about a problem which increasingly appears to be caused by a faulty motherboard. click here

This is an subject I know little about and am wondering how to go about replacing the board to see if that cures the problem!

Is there a board I could buy off the shelf new or am I limited to secondhand - I know e-bay is an option but while I'm happy to buy software and the like which travels well, I'm not too keen on buying a delicate lump of electronics which might not work when I get it :-(

Cheers again for any advice

rickimalone 11:34 12 Jul 04

Check here, this is where I get all my motherboards from and each product has buyer reviews which can be very helpful indeed.

Prices are very good and delivery is £4.99:click here

I already had a check in good old ebuyer but none of the motherboards appear to say they support my PC133 RAM - they use newer DDR Ram.

rickimalone 11:53 12 Jul 04

Proberly try your local independent Computer store, WOW things move fats dont they I cant believe you cant buy them on ebuyer anymore

georgemac 13:15 12 Jul 04

click here none in stock, ordered on demnad so maybe not an option

click here
one in stock micro atx format

click here
from the blowout deals section - used

another used but quite old model click here

good luck

Cheers but if I'm buying from a retailer I'd rather buy new - not sure what bits might be missing.

Cheers georgemac I went for your second suggestion off e-bay (against my better judgement) - fingers crossed it works :-)

Got the motherboard, works a treat, have been running for 1 week without any system freezes so that must have been the problem (I am touching wood as I type).

Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…