Which Motherboard?

Coaster3 18:00 27 Apr 03

My computer is built on an Abit KR7-Raid board that was recommended to me some time ago by Valdestana. It contains an Athlon XP1800+ CPU.

I have decided to give this computer to my daughter and build another; mainly because the m/board does not seem to support any faster processor than the XP2000.

I wish to remain with Athlon processors so can anyone recommend another newer board that takes these faster processors please?

AndySD 18:18 27 Apr 03

click here is a good place to start (but it seems to be down at the moment) It seems the NForce2 chipset based motherboards are the fastest for Athlons at the moment.

Elrond 18:20 27 Apr 03

I have the Gigabyte GA-7VA mobo with an XP1800. I think its a very good board. I have a look.

click here

Elrond 18:22 27 Apr 03

Sorry, try

click here

rickf 19:10 27 Apr 03

I have just built a comp for a friend using the GA 7vax and its a cinge to use. Very clear instructions if you run into probs. It is a beautiful board with dip switches as well for configuring multipliers. It takes up to AMD 2.6 or 2.8.

-pops- 19:10 27 Apr 03

How about click here

This is the latest from Abit with serial ATA.

I've been ogling this one. It will have to wait a while though!!:-((

-pops- 19:17 27 Apr 03

Or this: click here

Coaster3 08:37 28 Apr 03

I've more or less decided on the Abit AT7-Max2 but I'm still thinking about it. Many thanks to all contributors.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…