Which Mono Laser Printer

Cara2 22:38 PM 21 Apr 11

In addition to a new PC, we need a Mono Laser Printer also. We would like to print wirelessly. It is for small office use, printing off invoices in the main.

Does anybody use one which they really like and would recommend. So many pros and cons the ones I have read about.

Thanks Cara

wiz-king 08:12 AM 22 Apr 11

I like the Brother range, they are well built (heavy) and this makes them farly quiet. We have several of them at work which we use for general printing and the postroom use one for printing the postal documents and copy invoices for parcels. We also have a Brother fax machine/copier.

wee eddie 09:46 AM 22 Apr 11

I have just installed a Samsung CLP 325 ~ I know that it's Colour and you said Mono but it adds a certain something to occasionally be able to highlight in Red (Late Payment reminders etc). Mine's wired but they do a Wireless version for an extra £10'er. It's quiet, neat and quick, the Paper tray's covered and the print quality's much better than an Inkjet.

spuds 11:17 AM 22 Apr 11

I use both Brother and Samsung, which are both superb machines, but alas not wireless. What I would suggest is that whatever you choose and before making final purchase, check the availability and prices of toners, which can be very expensive. You can refill your own, which makes things much cheaper, but it can be messy if you do not know what you are doing.

Warranties are another thing to consider, some lasers have 1 year others have 3 years. When I bought the Brother, it came with a 1 year warranty, but this was extended to 3 years for free by Brother on registration.

jaraba 13:30 PM 24 Apr 11

Check Here for toner prices.

Cara2 18:21 PM 25 Apr 11

Thanks for all your replies. I liked the look of the Samsung, however we don't want to get caught in the trap of having to buy colour refills.

I think we are going for the HP LaserJet P1102W from Amazon at £89.

Not quite got to the checkout yet though!

Thanks everybody.

woodchip 16:18 PM 26 Apr 11

Checkout this

link text

colm21 15:26 PM 27 Apr 11

I would suggest Brother or OKI for an office environment.

Hope this helps.

Cara2 15:31 PM 27 Apr 11

Thanks for all your replies.

In the end (I think mainly because we are getting an HP PC and I thought it might do the wireless bit without too much hassle), I ordered an HP Laser Printer which arrived today from Amazon - very promptly I might add.

Hope I have made the choice. Time will tell.

You are all such a helpful bunch here - thanks!

Cara

SparkyJack 18:07 PM 27 Apr 11

Morgan Computers are offering a Samsung ML 1860 Mono for £30 - Cheap enough?

http://www.morgancomputers.co.uk/shop/detail.asp?ProductID=6581

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 review: Hands-on with the phone which the Z3+ should have been

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Get your photos turned into illos by some of the world’s best artists

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites