Which monitor-viewsonic 20.1 or dell 24 inch wide

mb66 14:50 14 Oct 05

I am just about to purchase a system with a reasonable spec (X2 4400, 7800gtx graphics and 2gb ram) and looking at monitors - was going to go for a dual 19inch setup but wonder if I would get the best from the graphics card - narrowed it down to Viewsonic V201b or dell 2405FP widescreen which is on offer at the moment - any thoughts or experiences with either would be appreciated,thanks.

Kate B 15:03 14 Oct 05

I've got the Dell - it's magnificent. And given how fantastic it is, it's a bargain at the price. Once you've worked (or played games) on a 24" monitor you'll wonder how you ever coped before.

mb66 17:17 14 Oct 05

Thanks Kate B - did you get the optional sound bar - figured it might be useful for alternative playstation use...?

rickylea 23:54 14 Oct 05

I have the Viewsonic.awsome monitor, games pop out at you.

But to be honest, I dont think theres much difference between the two (except size)I think you will be very happy with either one.

Save some money a go for the Viewsonic :)

Kate B 12:18 15 Oct 05

No, the optional sound bar wasn't an option when I bought it!

If you've got the dosh, buy the Dell. You won't regret it.

mb66 23:06 17 Oct 05

thanks for responses - went for the dell in the end - the extra connectivity means I can clear some living room clutter by putting the kids' playstation through it too!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…