which monitor?

mw_69 22:17 10 Dec 07

i am looking for a new monitor for my pc but can't decide which one. i am a beginner at pcs so do not know much. there are a couple i like they are: samsung 2232bw £220
hp 2207h £200
lg 226tq £190
they all have good descriptions, but there isn't much info on the hp 2207h.
i have been reading up about ghosting, bad panels, poor customer service in makers, further you are the worse the picture(darker), so choice is made difficult.
i am using the monitor for gaming, watching movies and general internet/pc usage.
please can someone help. thankyou

marjted 23:28 10 Dec 07

Have only owned a few different monitors over the years, so can't recommend one against another. However, I have been particularly happy with the Iiyama Prolite 19" which I have used for a couple of years now. The refresh time is quite good and when I purchased it from Aria, for a few extra pounds, they guaranteed the screen to be without dead pixels. Could be worth a look.

ajm 23:37 10 Dec 07

Have a look here; this may make up your mind much quicker.

click here

hastelloy 00:50 11 Dec 07

click here and can't fault it

donki 11:35 11 Dec 07

I got the Samsung last week..... Best monitor ive had and I have had an LG, VeiwSonic and Iiyama. I use mine for gaming and its the nuts 22" and the depth it gives games is truely amazing, u wont b disappointed.

mw_69 22:13 11 Dec 07

thx for all the response, read alot of reviews on th samsung 226bw/2232bw and ppl complain of backlight bleed while watching movies? true or not? is the hp w2207h the same as the hp w2207?

donki 23:04 11 Dec 07

Well I haven't noticed any while watchn movies or games. There is some when there is noyhing on screen i.e. during loading but nothing that would bother me. There is a review on the PC Advisor review section.

donki 23:05 11 Dec 07

Would u like sum pics or vids posted?

RichFJ 23:50 11 Dec 07

I recently bought a 2032BW and i have to say it is simply stunning. Picture quality is faultless and looks great for games and dvds etc.

I would also add that the 20" screen looks a lot bigger at home than it does in the shop and is a good size. If the 22" is anything like this which it should be i'd get the samsung

It's looks very nice also...

mw_69 08:58 12 Dec 07

yeah some pics would be good, thankyou. is there much difference between the 2032bw and the 2232bw except for size. the resolution is the same so does this mean that the 2232 is slightly worse picture or not? thankyou all for your help

donki 11:45 12 Dec 07

I will take sum pics and try a fraps video, and try and post them on. Im in work at the moment but check back after 8pm.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5