which Mesh set-up

zanne 16:48 10 Aug 03

I have ordered a matrix 2600+sfx. Should be delivered Sat 16th.
It comes with a 19" mitsubishi dplus93 crt.I really would have liked a tft but to upgrade to a 15" tft would have cost another £100.

On the Matrix xp2400+TFT they supply a 17"Sharps tft (not an nec as reviewed)

After reading info on this site I wonder if I should opt for the 2400 set-up.
I am interested in using it for printing photogaphs and such like rather than the gaming side of things.

Looking at the different components of the two set-ups I would like to hear the opinion of anyone who cares to express it
I know the difference in cost is still £100 but I would get a 17"tft rather than a 15" which is all I would get by upgrading.

Or should I be satisfied with a crt?

GANDALF <|:-)> 17:05 10 Aug 03

I have the feeling that Mesh may be less then enchanted when you try to change your order 6 days before delivery;-)) Personally I find CRTs better for viewing photographs.

G

Way 1 17:21 10 Aug 03

Gandalf is right on both aspects.

JIM 17:26 10 Aug 03

Personally I believe you have ordered the right combination with the matrix 2600+sfx plus 19" monitor.

Your interest in using it for printing photographs and such like in my view with the Mitsubishi dplus93 crt will serve you very well. Big in this case gives you the opportunity to use a photo software package to the full.The monitor also has ajustments including FPM. One piece of advice regarding the Mitsubishi dplus93 crt would be, to not clean the screen with the latest cloths or spray products. The screen has an anti static surface that will be damaged with some products

If you like music that extra £40 spent would be well worth it:)

You also have the larger processor and as the 2400 unit is now at the entry level, that is a plus. Looking at the spec of the Matrix xp2400+TFT, which is good value gives the impression that it is more game, featured which does not interest you too much. Cannot see you going wrong.

zanne 17:31 10 Aug 03

Thanks for your advice, I'l take it and stick with my first choice

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…