Which Laptop and where from?

Roy* 09:53 05 May 09

I’m looking into a Laptop for my daughter (age 16). She likes the coloured Dell ones but I know Dell get many negative comments. I’ve heard positive things about Sony but don’t think they do coloured ones? There are so many conflicting views when you research it’s difficult to know what and where to buy.

I was thinking of taking her to PCWorld or John Lewis so she can see them in the flesh and get her opinion, also if we end up getting it from there we can take it back if any problems. However no doubt there’s a cost penalty for that?

So any views appreciated. I’m Looking for fairly standard laptop to run internet, Microsoft office, maybe for picture/video editing in the future under £500.

user8 10:10 05 May 09

Toshiba are well built & last.
Try Staples @ click here
Or PCWorld @ click here:(any):(any):(any):(any):150:1950:PageNo_0:SortOrder_DOWN

Marko797 10:30 05 May 09

Don't know about Dell, but yes, Sony do provide coloured ones. My wife has one in Luxury Pink! I think many others do now, even Samsung, and maybe Acer. Saw a TV ad for PCW recently and think it was Acer they were advertising in many colours.

With Sony, however, I think you will struggle to get within your price range.

I'd have alook at Ebuyer, or BTShop, Dabs, plus links provided by User8 to get some idea of what's available, and for how much.

Roy* 10:39 05 May 09

For your views people

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced