which laptop should i choose??? compaq or acer?

bradders81 02:54 26 Apr 08

i have the choice between a compaq v5000(v5030ea)
or an acer aspire 3690(3692wlmi)

i have seen both in the flesh and much prefer the looks of the compaq and also the build quality of the compaq seems better,
they both have 1gb ram/60gb hard drives/
the compaq is an amd based machine with an amd turion 64 ml32 processor running at 1.79ghz and the acer is a pentium m 430 running at 1.73,
everythin is telling me to go for the compaq amd machine except the display quality which seems much clearer on the acer pentium machine,
im not too technically minded when it comes to computers but i want to choose the bet all round machine including sound and video quality,
i have 2 days to make up my mind before taking one or the other, bothe are used but excellent condition and both cost the same,
hopefully someone can help me decide!
thank you in advance,

tullie 03:28 26 Apr 08

I have allways had an Acer,so i am happy with them

redsparrow 08:42 26 Apr 08

I own one of each brand. Had the compaq for 5 years, still using it on a daily basis,taken it all over the world and never had a problem with it. Had the acer for 5 months and it seems to be a great machine, although not really run in yet i suppose compared to the compaq. But seems to be a quality machine with no problems up to now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…