Which laptop should I buy?

aimee321 13:51 02 Sep 10

I don't know a lot about laptops but I'm torn between the Samsung R580 or the Acer Aspire 4810TG. Anyone know which is the better laptop? Thanks in advance.

iscanut 15:15 02 Sep 10

Personally I would prefer the Samsung, but I am sure others will disagree. At the end of the day, it will have to be your choice.

john bunyan 15:43 02 Sep 10

I recently bought this Toshiba from John Lewis with a 2 year guarantee included. My PC repair guy likes Toshiba and Asus for ease of repair.
I think you will find the spec is better than you quote (5i vs 3i)

click here

sunnystaines 16:36 02 Sep 10

i was looking at the samsung web today re the n230 netbook it had good reviews, noticed the web has not updated its drivers since may, not sure why they do not keep them up to date.

when looking for a new pc etc look at the makers web support page to check if they release regular driver updates.

Covergirl 13:04 03 Sep 10

There are probably no driver updates available, simple as that. Haven't had a software update on my Daewoo telly for about 3 years now.

iscanut - I'll back you up on the Samsungs.

aimee321 - take a look at John Lewis's offerings and take advantage of a 2 (yes TWO) year guarantee if any of them fit your requirements. click here
(The extension to a 3 year guarantee looks a little costly to me)

Note that anything around £400 should fit your requirements unless you're a heavy gamer.

The Acer at Argos doesn't look that hot mind - 14" screen and a 1.4 dual core click here

iscanut 13:52 03 Sep 10

If this is within budget, worth considering click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5