Which laptop should I buy ...?

Jonwilldo 07:43 13 Oct 03

Hi folks

I'm sure this has all been done before but some upto date advice would be gratefully received.

I need to buy a laptop between £600-£800 Preferebly with a floppy drive as well as a CDRW.

I will be using it mainly for the internet and working on Word, excel etc.

I was looking at the Toshiba on offer in PC World - any thoughts.

Also pointers to any decent retailers on the high street or on the net would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Kilobyte 16:25 13 Oct 03

Try searching the forum on this website - it has loads of information, opinions and advice on laptop / notebook computers..

click here

Scunk 23:03 26 Oct 03

You might like the HP compaq NX9005 notebook, this the one I have, its got AMD 2000+ cpu,30gb hdd, DVD/CDRW, built in floppy, 2 USB, modem, 256mb mem,15 inch screen and windows XP pro, I bought this from ebuyer for just over £700.I have had no problems with it so far and hope that I don't, I run Office 2000 pro on it as well. Hope this has been of some help.

IanNiblock 14:10 27 Oct 03

Have a look around click here I have an Acer notebook and have been extremely happy with it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…