Which laptop processor

naineysman 22:55 10 Oct 10

Advice please,

Looking at a new Laptop circa £500 for teenage son, dont know wether to get core 2duo, i3 or AMD based processor in the unit.

Packard Bell do an i3 at reasonable cost but i never liked PB?

He will be running Open Office and iTunes, dont see him using it for high end games or photo editing, however he may be using sound mixing software.

citadel 19:49 11 Oct 10

notebookcheck.net has info on laptop cpu's with benchmarks.

jack 10:52 13 Oct 10

In the techs of Laptops.
In the main[there are exceptions I guess] they are entirely modular- that is to say each brand is simply assembling complete sub-assemblies from all over- and the only essential difference is the badge.
Go for the one that fits your pocket
Processors are competing for market share and therefore are matching each other more or less.

chub_tor 15:30 13 Oct 10

As jack says the processor is probably not the main thing to concentrate on when buying a laptop. By far the most important is reliability and click here is the latest guide. Toshiba have a good website which allows you to compare all aspects of their range including processor, hard drive, ram, OS, screen size and price. Take a look here click here#$=&xcUI=profile=neutralprofile;&_1sz/banner_id/helpmechose2/

chub_tor 15:31 13 Oct 10

Sorry click here is a better link for the Toshiba Product Selector.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…