Which Laptop?

FK1990 18:55 27 Dec 10

Hi, just wanted some advice on what laptop to purchase. I have been looking at these two as my budget is low and would like to know which one you would recommend. I would just use it for browsing the internet, watching films, downloading music and playing basic games such as football manager 2011 or minecraft.These are the two:

click here

or

click here

thanks

chub_tor 20:52 27 Dec 10

My personal choice would be the HP, there is little to choose between them in terms of spec. so to my mind it comes down to after sales support and service for which HP has the better reputation.

GaT7 17:37 03 Jan 11

If it's not too late, I would also opt for the Compaq/HP mainly on account of its dedicated GPU. The Acer has an integrated GPU. G

FK1990 12:52 05 Jan 11

Thanks for the responses, I went with the HP.

HWJC 15:15 05 Jan 11

As a generalisation I'm more inclined to the HP brand, but one HP laptop and one HP All-in-one in the family tells me different. One has had 2 new motherboards, the other a fault in the original design meaning a £300+ repair bill. You pay through the nose for repairs and they're not interested in telling you whatthe faults are.

In laptops I think Acer currently has a better reputation, but good luck anyway.

As another generalisation, they're flaky, difficult or impossible to upgrade, expensive, underpowered... and you can't use them on your lap.

Desktop every time.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009