Which Laptop!??!?!

User-1290974 16:59 01 Sep 08

Hi there. I'm going to uni in a few weeks and have been trying to find a decent laptop at about the £400 mark.

I've been looking at the Acer 5920 which is available for £400 from various places with slightly differing specs.

PC World have it with 3gbs ram and the Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T5550 1.83 GHz, 667 MHz FSB A HREF="click here=" TARGET="_new"> b>click here /b> /A>

or laptop direct have it with 2gbs ram and a Intel Core 2 Duo T7300 / 2 GHz with 800 fsb A HREF="click here" TARGET="_new"> b>click here /b> /A>

theres also the Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Li2735 from staples at £340 and you get 3gbs and a Intel Core 2 Duo T5750 brain A HREF="click here"> b>click here /b> /A>

or fiinally there's the Toshiba Satellite A200 - 27Z from staples with which you get 3gbs ram and a 1.83ghz Intel® Core™2 Duo T5550 A HREF="click here"> b>click here /b> /A>

User-1290974 17:01 01 Sep 08

What do you think is the best deal?
thanks guys! sorry about the crappy links (new to this!!)

bmachy 20:42 01 Sep 08

Hey, I'm going to Uni too.

Anyhows, I'm in the same grouping as you. I'm also looking for a laptop for uni usage.

It depends on what you're going to use it for really. The laptops you linked are really bog standard basic ones which I wouldn't even consider.

If its for internet usage and typing documents they're all fine.

However for +£50 more you can get the Acer 5920G version of the Acer 5920 which is far better. Its on amazon I think.

GaT7 22:04 01 Sep 08

oyyouno, I'd go for the Fujitsu as it's £60 cheaper than the others with nothing less that's significant.

As for posting links, just post the URL on it's own without any extra formatting - it automatically becomes a 'click here' clickable link.

bmachy, so what else are you going to do on your laptop apart from "internet usage and typing documents"? G

Joe R 22:47 01 Sep 08

oyyouno,

got to agree with Crossbow7, the Fujitsu looks every bit as good as the other two, and saves you a few bob into the bargain.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…