Which Laptop

Taz1 14:42 12 Nov 07

Help. I am not sure if is the right place to put this question bit here goes. I am not very good with Laptops and know very little about them. Having damaged my wife's two and half year old Samsung M40TJ0M6R laptop I have reached agreement with my insurance company that it should be replaced. The insurance company have offered a HP Compaq Business laptop 6820S as a replacement. The Samsung cost about £1300.00 the HP will cost the insurance company about £760.00. Is the HP any good and a better make than the Samsung or is the insurance company just trying it on by offering a lower spec and inferior make of laptop? Any advice and guidance would be most helpful. Many thanks Taz1

Totally-braindead 16:10 12 Nov 07

I wrote a big speel here and lost it when the website crashed.

Never mind.

I found the spec for the M40 laptop and think thats what you have/had but am not certain. If it is the M40 then the laptop you have been offered has a faster dual core processor, a much larger hard drive, more memory, a better graphics card, same 17" display and in short its a better PC.

So you haven't been fobbed off or anything its just things move on an equivalent PC to the M40 you have would probably now cost maybe £500 so I think they are being quite fair about it to be honest.

jimmybond 17:59 12 Nov 07

for sure they are! £1300 to £760 depreciation for a 2.5 year old laptop is a damn good estimate, from your point of view.
You're in cloud cuckoo land if you think you'll get a £1300 laptop off them. Just like if your car is stolen, you'll get the estimated sale value at the time, same thing with your laptop - you get what it's worth at that point - not what it cost you umpteen years ago.
Otherwise everyone would be accidentally spilling coffee everywhere ;-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…