which laptop.....

_clive_ 19:29 14 Dec 06

would you recommend to buy given a budget of £400-800?

i'm looking for speed, reliability and a large hard drive above all else, but other features such as dvd burner and wi-fi would be welcome.

All opinions gratefully received!

season8 19:43 14 Dec 06

Blimey, i was about to post the same thing!
OK well i'm looking at either Dell or Novatech. Dell as they have a good, sound track record of producing good products.

wjrt 19:46 14 Dec 06

looks good

laurie53 10:27 15 Dec 06

Not used Dell computers, but I do have a Dell PDA. Very flakey and unreliable, multiple soft resets every day.

Customer support non-existent.

Speaking personally I would use a Filofax before I would try Dell again!

Laurie

I've just bought an Asus A6KM-Q093H with 15.4 widescreen "trubright" screen, 1GB RAM, 100GB HD, nVidea Geoforce FX GO7300 graphics card with 256 MB RAM, 1.3 MP webcam, Windows Media Centre with Vista upgrade, b/g wi-fi, bluetooth and firewire, all from Laptopsdirect for £572.54 including VAT and delivery, with 9 months IFC.

skell 18:33 15 Dec 06

click here

this is a good laptop for the lower end of your budget and you can pick this one up now with a 100gb hard drive for £499 from staples. click here

Al94 19:00 15 Dec 06

How often do you see complaints about Dell here? Good indicator. We have three in the household, all great machines, two laptops. Go for the best Inspiron 6400 within your budget, you won't be disappointed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017