Which hard drive?

Pezcp 20:08 31 Mar 04

I'm looking to add a new harddrive to my system but am not sure which is the best to go for. I want 8mb cache and 80gb.
Can anyone offer some advise on which one to get
Thanks

go for a hitachi 7k250 , nice and quiet and fast and no ball bearings , fluid bearings instead , i've got two 160gb 7k250's in my pc and i've never heard them make a noise and they kick ass when it comes to speed (circa custom pc magazine)

spuds 22:44 31 Mar 04

I prefare Maxtor, which have always given me very good results. When you finally decide, check on the warranty period, some have 1 year and others may have 3 years. Also be a little carefull about retail and OEM packs. Retail should have everything, but you may find that OEM require a fixing kit,manuals etc, which of course will cost extra.

You say that you want an 80gb hard-drive, I would suggest that you possibly look at a higher range drive, as the prices are now becoming very competative, with very little differences between each units.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Acer Predator Triton 700 review

D&AD Awards 2017: see the best design, advertising, illustration, animation and VR of the past year

How to lose weight with an Apple Watch