Which hard drive?

Pezcp 20:08 31 Mar 04

I'm looking to add a new harddrive to my system but am not sure which is the best to go for. I want 8mb cache and 80gb.
Can anyone offer some advise on which one to get
Thanks

go for a hitachi 7k250 , nice and quiet and fast and no ball bearings , fluid bearings instead , i've got two 160gb 7k250's in my pc and i've never heard them make a noise and they kick ass when it comes to speed (circa custom pc magazine)

spuds 22:44 31 Mar 04

I prefare Maxtor, which have always given me very good results. When you finally decide, check on the warranty period, some have 1 year and others may have 3 years. Also be a little carefull about retail and OEM packs. Retail should have everything, but you may find that OEM require a fixing kit,manuals etc, which of course will cost extra.

You say that you want an 80gb hard-drive, I would suggest that you possibly look at a higher range drive, as the prices are now becoming very competative, with very little differences between each units.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…