Which gamepad?

astra46 18:12 04 Jul 03

I am looking to buy a gamepad. Game have some for £9.99. What do you reccommend and where to buy it from. Thanks

Starfox 00:14 05 Jul 03

Nothing wrong with any of the pads from Game but at £9.99 it's just a little too basic for serious gaming.My personal choice is the Saitek P3000 wireless gamepad,about £24 at Pc World ,it's excellent,and most of the microsoft pads and joysticks seem to be good if a little expensive.

Hope this helps,

Starfox.

Totally-braindead 13:50 05 Jul 03

As Starfox says at £9.99 its too basic, I've seen the sort of thing that Game and others sell cheap and to be honest with you 99% of the time they're rubbish. Spend a bit extra, if you look about at Dabs, Novatech, Watford or some of the other retailers or even try the computer fairs you should be able to get a pretty good gamepad for less than £20. Microsoft ones are particularly good.

Jester2K II 14:10 05 Jul 03

I use MS Sidewinder ones but MS are dropping there support for Sidewinder products soon (as XP is not a Gaming OS) so expect to see some bargins (hopefully on a Force Feedback Joystick)

Colin 16:10 05 Jul 03

Probably a new topic, but since when is XP not a gaming OS?

somar 17:20 05 Jul 03

If you are in serious gaming, go with Thrust master or CH products. They have some of the best gaming hardware in the world.

vector 10:47 06 Jul 03

I am using CH Flight stick and it is ok , but taking price in consideration I would recomend Saitek click here

Jester2K II 12:34 06 Jul 03

Probably a new topic, but since when is XP not a gaming OS?

That is apparently MS's reason for dropping the Sidewinder Range - i couldn't disagree more with them.

Thrustmaster dual analouge pad, about £20 from pcworld...

Handy to along to there, get a feel for the different pad's....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…