Which DVD RW Should I Buy?

Steve French 07:32 15 Mar 04

I want one,I have around £100 to spend and want one, had a look on a few sites but getting confussed, can anyone suggest a good one for me, preferably with the required software, and also the local computer fair is on in 2 weeks, would I be better off waiting and seeing what I can get from there? Thanks

Stuartli 09:04 15 Mar 04

Try click here - it regularly offers DVD rewriters from top brands at extremely keen prices.

An example was an NEC model about three weeks ago for £35 including VAT!

If you register for the regular e-mail newsletter you will quickly learn about the latest offers.

byfordr 09:05 15 Mar 04

This may be of help click here
£100 should get you a nice fast burner including software. You may want to look at something that burns more than one media type (as the media format battle still hasn't been won)

NECs, Sonys, Plextor, Pioneer any of the leading brands will do the business. click here for ones with a few comments.

Read some reviews click here is normally good for most things.

Then run your chosen selection through click here click here click here and click here

HTH

R

Stuartli 09:08 15 Mar 04

Current BigPockets offers:

click here

georgemac 09:11 15 Mar 04

click here seems to have good reviews and comes in at under £80 including delivery an 8 speed burner but you would need to buy the software separately

or click here a 4 speed burner for around £50 delivered but more fussy about the type of discs you use - which apparently a firmware upgrade would sort out

software - nero 6 from ahead.de click here £36 very expensive

click here ver 5.5 of nero for a fiver

stomp record now max click here about £22

both products have trial versions which can be downloaded

if you want software to back up any movies click here# but you need a burner like nero to burn to cd

georgemac 09:16 15 Mar 04

click here lg 8 x

cannot find any retail drives offering decent software packages but there is plent above for you to look at!

tafoody 12:09 15 Mar 04

SVP seems cheaper than bigpockets for DVD writers click here

pioneer 107 £85 (£99 at bigpockets)

NEC 2500 £69 (£89 at B-P)

Steve French 19:34 15 Mar 04

will any of these allow me to back up my xbox games?
Thanks

seanyoung 15:40 16 Mar 04

Try click here. They've got an NEC Dual format drive for £68. This drive will write + and - DVDs.

The Spires 22:05 23 Mar 04

fone

g0nvs 19:53 24 Mar 04

Bought a Pioneer 107D a few weeks ago. 8X writing speed (if you can get the discs ! ) Nice & quiet & works a treat.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…