Which Digital Video Software?

mikegm6 01:40 29 Dec 03

Can anybody reccommend either Pinnacle Studio 8 Or ulead Video 7 software, or possibly another?
Thanks in advance.

MichelleC 09:05 29 Dec 03

They're both not bad, but for rock solid performance I recommend Movie Studio click here

Nick 1 10:11 29 Dec 03

I use studio 8 for promotional dvd's and have found it real easy to use. It can be a bit tempramental and need reloading (especially when it comes to the burning process) but for the price, I can recommend it

Nick

Belatucadrus 11:39 29 Dec 03

click here for Avid Free DV

Jonathan314159 20:32 29 Dec 03

I use Pinnacle Studio 8 - and like it. Can echo Nick 1's comments that it can need reloading sometimes to keep it working (although I havent needed to for some time, so perhaps one of the patches they released fixed this).

It's mostly very intuitive, the only area I have trouble with is creating bespoke DVD menus (although using one of the built in menus is fine).

Make sure you get the full retail version and not the SE version which is bundled with some products. Although very similar the SE version doesnt allow some key features

I was debating whether to opt for the Pinnacle or Ulead offerings and decided on the latter as I understand that Pinnacle Studio 8 can be problematic when burning to DVD.

There is a trail version of Video Studio 7 available from click here.

scotty 23:08 29 Dec 03

I find Studio v8 an excellent easy to use product for simple video editing tasks (capture, dividing captured video into scenes, building a story board, adding titles). It causes problems with burning discs but if you use Studio to create the files then use Nero 6 to burn the DVDs, you will have a fine combination.

eyelessfish 05:27 30 Dec 03

I also had burning problems with Studio, so threw it in the bin! I use Nero, Showbiz and TDA. All work great for me.

mikegm6 11:30 30 Dec 03

I may well go for Studio 8. I have showbiz on at the moment. Never used it...no need yet. Is this a basic program?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…