which digital camcorder?

I am looking to buy a digital camcorder. I have little knowledge of these so was wondering if you can make any suggestions? Im looking to spend £350-£450 (needs to be quite small). Also could you tell me how they connect to the pc (which port?) and can i still watch through a TV?

MichelleC 16:16 10 May 04

Sony are pretty good. You'll need a firewire card and cable. Here's a free editor click here If you want to see your edited goodies via tv you can hook up to pc and vcr and use passthrough, so make sure it's got dv 'in' and 'passthrough' (or just print to vhs tape.

thanks for the advise...any particular camera models?

lixdexik 20:38 10 May 04

DCR TRV19e and think it is a great we camera, for me the features I was after were widescreen and stereo sound. it fits into your jacket pocket and has good battery life. The batteries are a rip off though.. anyway it's a good camera, I found the best price at the time from this lot £200 cheaper than the shops. click here I hope this helps

Cheers Lixdexik.

byfordr 10:01 11 May 04

Just got a Sony DCRHC18E. Nice and small. Also my parents have DCR TRV33.

If not the Canon MV700i - MV750i range may be worth a look, although people often complain about the tape mechanism making noise on the recordings.

Its worth ordering a camcorder kit when you get the camera. This includes a spare battery, case and tape. You'll normally find a battery on its on is only about £10 cheaper. Go to the manufacturers website find out which one you need then dive online.

R

byfordr 10:02 11 May 04

The Sonys come complete with the wires you need to connect it to the tv...

R

TomJerry 10:10 11 May 04

You could try Panasonic Panasonic, NV-GS50B:Compact styled MDV camcorder with MPEG4 Movie and Web Camera Function £399.00 (I got this one, very good and small) Newer model: Panasonic NV-GS55:Feature-packed Digital Camcorder featuring Simultaneous Motion Video & Picture Recording £499.00 You can get good price and a lot of options here click here

Find great price for Panasonic - NV-GS55B £419 click here

TomJerry 10:11 11 May 04

Once you decided model, you can find the best price from any price comprision site such as dealtime: click here

thanks for the advise. Im having a look around now!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…