Which Desktop £500 budget ?

BEARBEE 17:35 19 Jan 10

I have a £500 budget, I want 2GB plus of RAM, a graphics card rather than integrated graphics, a CD/DVD writer and a large GB storage (150GB+) also a multi card reader.
Id prefer a bundle with monitor, mouse and keyboard but already have these so not a tragedy if they don't come with the base unit.

Can anyone point me in the direction of any good deals they know of.

Many thanks in advance !

GaT7 18:02 19 Jan 10

I would go for something like this click here / click here for £349 / £369 (£20 difference is for double the hard drive space in the latter). Similar AMD system for £379 click here.

And add a dedicated graphics card like a HD4350 for £25-30 click here.

Card reader, keyboard & mouse included in all the above. Monitor can be purchased separately as Dell's upgrades are a bit overpriced.

One thing to be aware of with the above systems is that all of them come with a 64-bit OS (Win7). Some of your older software/hardware may be affected by this. Related discussion in this recent PCA thread click here. G

BEARBEE 18:49 19 Jan 10

Cheers, I'll have a look at those links.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…