Which DAB Radio should I buy?

I'm looking at the Pure Elan RV40, and am also slightly tempted by some of the intempo brand- and advice or recommendations please?
I want it to be portable and I like the idea of live pause and rewind whichis on the pure one.
Thanks!

Stuartli 13:40 03 Nov 06

You might also find owning one somewhat frustrating...:-) See:

click here

Roberts make excellent standard and digital models (manufactured in the UK).

Oh dear!
I do already have a Roberts World Band Radio, but from various reviews etc Pure seem to come out above Roberts as far as DAB radios are concerned.
I would just like to be able to listen to Radios 3,4,5 and 7 around the house!

season8 14:24 03 Nov 06

I have an accoustic solutions bought 3 years ago, sadly not made anymore. To be honest most people have different views, but i bought after buying What-HiFi at my local newsagents and looking at the DAB radio reviews. Latest copy has the 2006 Winners in it.

Have a look at click here
Or click here

I have the Ferguson FRG-R116D which I say is a great DAB Radio also has Fm also on this radio and I pick up 28 channels on it also (DAB)

Simsy 16:53 03 Nov 06

but I have a little, for others...

I did buy a "Bug" recently. It was useless, even after firmware upgrades. the shop took it back for a refund.

There has been a subsequent firmware upgrade, and I believe there is a "Bug2" now available, so presumeably things have improved...

That was a slight digression... what you may need to look out for is the number of presets; There is one unit that has 8 presets, but only 4 are for DAB stations, the other 4 are for FM. Of course this may not be a problem for you.

Also, if you want it to be portable, watch out that it can run on batteries... I'm told, (but can't confirm!) that there are some "portables" which are mains only!

Good luck,

Regards,

Simsy

blanco 17:26 03 Nov 06

The latest issue of Which gave Pure One an exceptional value award as its sound quality is as good as any but the Dualit and it costs just £50.
It doesn't however have the bells and whistles so if you pause/rewind, EPG and alarms you have to move to the Pure Evoke-3 which is the other best buy at £199.
Best of luck.

€dstowe 18:45 03 Nov 06

Search some of the old threads here on DAB radios. I wouldn't give one a second look any more.

amonra 20:19 03 Nov 06

I've got a Bush portable DAB radio which I use for night time listening in bed. It's OK but I dont know if I would recommend it for everyone. The quality of the sound is "fair" and the sensitivity is passable, but I live in a not so good reception area and I have to be careful where I position the earphone lead which acts as the aerial. The battery consumption is HORRENDOUS ! so if you are considering buying a portable set, buy some heavy duty rechargeable batteries. The choice of stations is vast but difficult to find until you get the hang of the settings. All in all, think seriously before spending a lot of money on something that may disappoint, FM has still got a lot going for it.

mikef. 18:29 04 Nov 06

I agree with the comments about the Pure One, apart from the sound quality the ability to pick up signals is superb, mine gets very good reception even with the aerial not extended at all, and a friend in Wales gets reception where others have failed with other makes.

rick90 21:21 04 Nov 06

yes,mikef. but you,re friend in Wales will have to make sure his batteries don,t leek??? :-(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…