Which computers are good and bad?

chrispowell 21:48 28 Sep 05

if i had to choose i think i would say that packard bell are the most rubbish computers compared to something like dell

Stuartli 22:19 28 Sep 05

If you wish to make such definitative statements as in your two posts you really should back them up with hard facts rather than personal remarks.

Giggle n' Bits 09:11 29 Sep 05

but due to Forum limitations I will have to keep Stum.

anskyber 12:19 29 Sep 05

Sadly I did ask, and I wish I had not [!] whether there should be more information gathered on manufacturer reliability; I was shot down in flames!!

KatyN 12:41 29 Sep 05

All companies produce "Friday afternoon jobs" from time to time. I think that aftersales services is the key

I bought a very cheap HP laptop via DABS that soon developed a keyboard fault. I went straight to HP, who had full details of the warrantee. They collected it and returned it repaired - a total of 9 days.

(I should also add that the Packard Bell pc I bought in 1999 is still going strong - my father uses it every day)

j3nks 14:12 29 Sep 05

a very large pc suplier based in Ireland took a friends pc in to repair it about 6 months ago after hard disk failiure. When I went over to install programs etc for them I could not beleive that it had been returned without SP2 installed no SP2 disk included and no mention of installing SP2!

Service I think not

ade.h 14:19 29 Sep 05

Before slandering Packard Bell in this forum, can you offer anything to substantiate your "opinion"?

ade.h 14:20 29 Sep 05

There were a few of us who saw some sense in what you said at that time.

wags 14:51 29 Sep 05

What a pointless thread....

GANDALF <|:-)> 14:59 29 Sep 05

Most pointless thread in the world and I suspect that chrispowell is below school age..

Stuartli 16:04 29 Sep 05

"Pointless" was the exact word I used in the other thread of a similar nature(!):

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…