Which budget Tab should I get?

tori 16:27 PM 28 May 13

I have a maximum budget of £150. I only really need it for browsing, ebooks, social media, games on facebook etc. There seems to be quite a lot of choice in the budget range these days, but I really don't know where to start looking!It needs to be fairly robust, as I'm sure the kids will get their hands on it at some point, but otherwise, I just need reliability!

chub_tor 19:13 PM 28 May 13
  rickf 10:16 AM 29 May 13

Why a budget tab? Just seen a Samsung Galaxy Note (2) 10.1 (Used) for sale at £200 buy it now. Shop around first.

rickf 10:17 AM 29 May 13

Sorry, on Ebay

Woolwell 12:30 PM 29 May 13

Budget and reliability rarely go together especially with tablets.

tori 14:22 PM 29 May 13

Thanks guys for the help, like I say, my budget is max £150, plus I have had some bad experiences buying second hand, and I don't have time for messing about. I think I am going to go for chub tor's recommendation, and I actually found it in grey for £2 cheaper. It seems to fit my criteria, so thank you!

rdave13 18:43 PM 29 May 13

This one caught my eye.

chub_tor 19:10 PM 29 May 13

rdave13 I think that any device marketed by a company called Ainol would be at the bottom of my list :-)

rdave13 19:21 PM 29 May 13

chub_tor, possibly but they remove the junk and install the latest Android firmware. It comes with the ususal 12 months guarantee which you send back to the company, not to China :) Still worth consideration I think. Product questions at the bottom worth reading.

chub_tor 19:29 PM 29 May 13

rdave13 it was meant to be a play on words with Ainol, anal and bottom but I guess that any joke that needs an explanation is not really a joke at all......... sorry about that. I'm sure that Ainol make perfectly good devices.

caccy 17:45 PM 30 May 13

The Samsung tablet also has built in GPS. Using that you can find out where you are without mobile coverage. Just bought one. Very good. Carphone Warehouse have a deal whereby you can trade-in a mobile phone against the cost.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 review: Hands-on with the phone which the Z3+ should have been

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Get your photos turned into illos by some of the world’s best artists

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites