Which Broadband isp?

astra46 19:46 25 Jan 03

I am interested in broadband. Which isp is worth signing up to?

astra46 19:48 25 Jan 03

Forgot to mention. There is no cable in my area. Which is a pain!

acfc 08:27 26 Jan 03

I have been with Pipex for about 5 months now and found them to be excellent.

I acheive good speeds and reliability, have the facility to access e mail via the internet and the cost is reasonable at £23.44/month.

There is a special offer just now (as with a number of providers) ~ connection and hardware for £23.44!

Why pay BT £29.99 for the same ADSL service?

Hunte® 10:18 26 Jan 03

I use force9 (aka Plusnet & Free-online) and have no real problems. They have just completed another round of upgrades to help meet demand and speed is very quick.

Prices start from £19.99 per month for a HomeSirf package which restricts access to P2P and binary Newsgroups and there are special offers at present on activation (free on HomeSurf, 1/2 price on other packages)

click here for more information

TOPCAT® 14:37 26 Jan 03

... with all details:

click here

I'm with Pipex for nearly a year now, and is very good. They still have some special offers running with freebies, so have a look here if interested. Offer is at top left. TC.

click here

anchor 17:00 26 Jan 03

I go along with the ealier comments about Pipex, having been with them since last Spring.

Reasonable price, good speed and reliable connection. The problem they had during 2002 with their telephone support has been resolved, and it is now is excellent.

Their current promotion is too good to miss.

Paul2003 17:02 26 Jan 03

Nildram!! click here

Dont believe me then goto click here and compair Nildram with the lesser ISPs ;-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…