Which is better-HP or Epson?

Smudge 10:58 13 Jun 03

Noticed in the paper that you can pick up either Epson CX3200 or HP PSC1210 (3 in 1 devices) for £100 each.

Trouble is-which is the better?.

I've had an Epson Stylus 500 for 6 years and it's been OK, so I'm swaying towards the Epson, but then HP just seem to be better quality...

ton 11:31 13 Jun 03

I don't think find your answer in here. There are lots of people for and against Epson, and the same with HP.

Myself - I have two Epsons, 700 & 740, both excellent with no problems.

Look into cartidge prices and availability etc.

ton 11:32 13 Jun 03

cartidge = cartridge

-pops- 11:40 13 Jun 03

ton is dead right - it's all a matter of personal choice. I use Epson printers. Someone will most likely come along in a minute and say the use HP and would even look at an Epson.

Compare each carefully then choose the one that you think has the best specification and properties to fulfil your needs.

Brian

Split 11:40 13 Jun 03

I'd go for Epson everytime. I don't know the difference in quality between the two manufacturers but I do know that Epson's after sales treatment is the best I have experienced in 15 years of computering. If there is one thing I I have come to really appreciate with ALL computers and accessories is the after sales service.

-pops- 11:41 13 Jun 03

Ooops "would" should be "wouldn't". Sorry!!

1x11456 19:17 13 Jun 03

go for the epson as there customer support is far better than hp as i can verify i have beenwaiting for hp customer support to get back to me for the last 16 days dispite emailing them every other day

astra46 19:43 13 Jun 03

HP printers are excellent. I have a DJ5552 which only cost me £65 from PC World. The print quality is superb in black and colour.

Andybear 20:35 13 Jun 03

I have an Epson C62 Stylus, which is brilliant. I recommended it to a friend, who bought it. She agrees with me and thinks it's particularly good when printing out photos on the proper photo paper.

Djohn 20:36 13 Jun 03

I had an Epson 600 for some years, excellent printer, good quality prints and cheap to feed.

Replaced with HP 7350 couple of months back, same conclusion so far, excellent quality, quiet, fast to print. Only difference is the cost of cartridges, HP are expensive, but they seem to be lasting longer than the Epson one's ever did.

Epson needed a head clean every time I used it, (Using both inks). As far as I can tell the HP has not done a head clean yet, Well, it probably does, (Not noticeable) but certainly not a 2 minute one like the Epson did. j.

DieSse 20:43 13 Jun 03

click here

For a very recent review, in which the HP is well out ahead of the reast at the low cost end.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now