Which is best between these two notebooks?

robharries13 15:53 31 Aug 09

Hi all, apologies to add another "which laptop" thread, got university coming up in a few weeks and was a bit uncertain about making a decision until i'd had some advice.
Ive looked around for something which is within my budget (at the absolute maximum £400), and basically seen these 2 machines:

click here

click here

Both retail at around £400-450, but due to the website's deal, they are now cheaper. I will basically be running these from the mains in my uni room, so battery time isn't really an issue. Ill probably be running a few programmes at once, such as iTunes, MS word, and an internet page or two at the same time, but nothing more than that i'd imagine. Maybe even a game here and there, but absolutely nothing up to date (xbox for that), probably something basic like Football Manager or earlier. As for operating system, i've never used Vista (but i've heard some horror stories), so it's worth noting that the Toshiba comes with a free Windows 7 upgrade. Full specs can be found in the links.
Essentially, the laptop will be used for work and a little multimedia/gaming, but nothing extreme. In terms of longevity? I'd be hoping for something that would last at least 3-4 years without much hassle other than a RAM upgrade.
Any other suggestions or feedback/personal experience on the two models above would be helpful. Sorry for being a bit specific!
Many thanks for any help.

chub_tor 19:34 01 Sep 09

Tough choice. I like the bluetooth on the HP and the fact that it is a core 2 duo, on the other hand the Toshiba has a built in webcam and better graphics. My personal choice would be the Toshiba.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…