Which anti-virus should I get?

SupaDashi 15:16 25 Jan 07

I have a new laptop coming which has 2 gigabytes of RAM and a 1.6ghz dual core processor coming, and the computer that I am writing this from has 3.2ghz Pentium 4 with Hyper Threading and 1 gigabyte of RAM. Now, the antivirus on here will expire within February, and my laptop comes with no antivirus at all. What anti virus should I use? I dont want any bloatware.

Terry Brown 15:29 25 Jan 07

I am using a program called stop-sign click here , which I have had for about 2 years with no trouble. This costs about $40 (£23) per year, but for that you get anti-virus, Firewall, Threat scanner and a few other goodies thrown in.

Some programs see it as spyware, because it loads itself deep into the system to catch nasties before they can activate.

If you do get an infection that is not covered by their anti-virus software, they will write a custom fix especially for your machine at no cost.
I initially run it along side Norton Anti-virus, but Stop-sign always beat norton to the punch.
Terry

Kate B 16:26 25 Jan 07

I use AVG, which is free and excellent. Incidentally, Terry Brown, you shouldn't run two AV products alongside each other, they can cause conflicts.

SupaDashi, that sounds like a nice laptop - enjoy.

sunny staines 16:28 25 Jan 07

if paying gofor norton internet security 2007

if going for a free one go for Avast.

Jimmy14 19:23 25 Jan 07

Norton Internet Security 2007 or for all in one security, Norton 360 scheduled to be released in February/March. click here

Joe R 21:49 25 Jan 07

SupaDashi,

As Kate B, AVG is a very good choice or Avast home edition, also free, will give you good protection.

Both are very small programs, and are not a strain on resources.

mikegm7 21:26 26 Jan 07

Yes, there are some good 'free'ones,and i have used them. Just recently we were informed by our Bank, they were providing (1 year free)F-Secure. Have been using it for a few months now, and am very impressed. Not too expensive to buy either. Recenly had excellent write up in a PC mag.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…