Which all- in- one printer should I buy?

janeh1960 15:50 03 Oct 07

Please can you help?
I run a small pre school and need to buy a printer for our computer. I am completely ignorant about all aspects of 'computers' and haven't got a clue what to buy!!
I need something to print documents, rotas, newsletters etc, photos, (doesn't have to be on photographic paper), photocopy about 30+ sheets a week, scan things onto the computer, print off coloured pictures/resources from internet etc. etc.
We have some money at the moment so doesn't have to be bargain basement!
Any advice would be very gratefully received, hopefully in words a computer idiot can understand.....

FreeCell 16:06 03 Oct 07

Here is a link to recent PC magazine review of all-in-ones suitable for the home which is probably a good place to start.

click here

spuds 18:17 03 Oct 07

I have three all-in-ones. HP 590,HP 3180 and a Lexmark X5150, all have now been superseded by newer models. Both HP 3180 and the Lexmark X5150 cost less than £50.00 each and do the tasks intended very well.

The Lexmark cartridges can be expensive, unless you do your own refills (50p each). The HP is a little cheaper to run.

I have an Epson basic printer, which is cheap to run, especially using compatible cartridges. Also some Epson can use a CISS device, which makes running even cheaper. So on that point alone, I would possibly suggest looking at an Epson.

janeh1960 10:57 07 Oct 07

Thanks for advice. I checked out the PC review and some others and have bought a Canon pixma mp600. Now all I've got to do is learn how to use it...... I'm having enough problems working out how to use my new mobile phone!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5