Which - All in One printer pls?

wishtobwireless 18:18 17 Jun 07

I wish to buy a new all in one printer for our small business. I have always been impressed with HP products. I wish to use it for fax, scan, copy & printing. Really wish to know which style of machine uses the least ink? One using 6 ink or just two cartridges...
Any help would be appreciated. We print around 500 sheets per month
Thank you

robgf 03:01 18 Jun 07

The ink does last longer if you have a separate tank for each colour, as you don't waste all the other colours, when one colour runs out.
I have a HP psc1215 and when I refill the tri-colour cartridge, the yellow is always empty, the magenta needs about half a tank and the cyan is hardly touched.
My friend has a HP c6100, that is very impressive, much faster than my printer, the quality is better and the ink lasts much, much longer.
click here
I couldn't find a UK link, but you can get it in the UK.

the-emsworth-kid 12:32 26 Jun 07

Just bought a Canon MP830 after using HP for many years. Largely influenced by Which? recommendation. It has 5 separate ink tanks and - based on a weeks usage (not 500 sheets a month!)it has been excellent.

Totally-braindead 15:34 28 Jun 07

PCA mag recommends the HP Photosmart C3180 for £40 and it seems to be reasonable for running costs. Others mentioned include the Brother DPC-130C at £60 and the Canon Pixma MP180 at £60. The last 2 mentioned are over the £200 mark.

Daibus 10:26 02 Jul 07

File.

wishtobwireless 19:08 02 Jul 07

For your help again!

Tigertops 16:44 03 Jul 07

Whilst the HP c3180 is a very good buy hardware-wise be wary of the software side.

I have had a succession of major problems on 2 different PC's running it it. Mainly on the registry records. HP Support have been diligent trying to unscramble these but their solutions are not always effective and you get a new 'expert' every time you contact them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…