Which All in One Computer shall I buy

Elsie72 08:50 01 Aug 08

Advice needed on buying an All in One computer such as Sony VGC-LT2S or Dell's new all in one.

spuds 09:46 01 Aug 08

All in One computer, never heard of that, but I have heard of an All in One printer.

Tell us your requirements as to general usage and wants, and someone will provide the necessary information.

Pine Man 12:08 01 Aug 08

I know someone who has the Sony and is very pleased with it indeed. Sony are very good BUT very expensive.

My only concern with 'all in ones' is that, due to their construction, any upgrades are not straightforward and certainly limited.

Elsie72 13:06 01 Aug 08

I am aware of the upgrade limitations, but I don't want a laptop.
Which is the best Sony Vaio VGC-LT2S or Dell xps One as I have not seen any reviews on these.

Pine Man 16:31 01 Aug 08

Can't speak for Dell but my brother-in-law is over the moon with his Sony.

They are expensive but, like all Sony products, excellent build quality and components.

Pine Man 16:54 01 Aug 08

Review of Dell click here
Review of Sony click here

JYPX 17:14 01 Aug 08

Well, you haven't said why you want an All In One but I suppose that is your business!
Had a good look at the Sony in PC World yesterday. The screen is stunning in quality and design (the whole thing has a glass surround). Not too keen on the keyboard - it folds up very nicely, but is a bit flat, laptop style. If you can live with that buy this. I don't think I would buy one but I can see the appeal - it is oozing with quality.

Elsie72 18:43 01 Aug 08

I need to replace my ancient computer and I want one that takes less room so out with the PC and speakers.

Pine Man 18:45 01 Aug 08

If you're happy to spend an extra couple of hundred pounds I think it would be money well spent on the Sony.

chub_tor 20:40 01 Aug 08

Either one of them beats the hell out of the original all in one the iMac, but for my money the Sony review makes it look absolutely stunning and it would grace any room in the house.

JYPX 13:54 08 Aug 08

Elsie72 - The Sony has just been reduced to £849.50 at Littlewoods, and if you use voucher code XX562 another 10% off, but be quick.
click here
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…