Which 9500pro graphics card?

Eagie 14:00 14 Mar 03

I have had an order placed for a Sapphire Atlantis Radeon 9500pro Graphics card for almost a month now but there seems to be a nationwide supply problem with this product. How do other 9500pro boards compare - such as the PowerColor one?

Is it worth me holding out for the Sapphire version or should I move on? I don't want to spend any more than £160 so the 9700 is out of the question and I don't wait to wait for the price to come down. I would rather go for an ATI based card than NVidia if possible.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Ta,

James

Diver14 11:45 15 Mar 03

I've been waiting for 3-4 weeks for a Connect3d
9500Pro (PCPro A-list) from Simply (it was 'in-stock'!!). From my research all 9500Pro cards are like rocking horse **** at the moment. I don't know if this is because of manufacturing problems or just extreme demand for a highly recommended card.

Simply are being rather annoying - every time I call they say the card should be with them in 'days' - just fobbing me off. Pretty much the standard I've come to expect lately from PC suppliers.

Eagie 15:06 15 Mar 03

Overclockers.co.uk have e-mailed me to say that they are hoping to get a delivery of the Hercules 9500pro card this week - but it's not confirmed (they hope to know a bit more on Monday).

Diver 14, I'll post any more info on here if I get any.

Colin 17:13 15 Mar 03

I was planning to order a Connect 3D Radeon 9500 PRO from Simply on Monday as their site says that it is in stock, but apparently not according to Diver14. Simply's price was the cheapest I could find, but I suppose you can quote any price if you don't have the goods!
I will get it confirmed in stock before I order from Simply.

Eagie 17:19 15 Mar 03

Let us know what you find out Colin. It seems that getting hold of a 9500pro is harder than the holy grail!

Colin 11:21 16 Mar 03

Will do, Eagie.
By the way, if you are looking for a Holy Grail, there are two on Ebay!

Eagie 23:57 17 Mar 03

A month ago place an order with come-click-buy. As they were unable to accept credit cards at the time I paid via paypal which meant that they received my payment immediately. It wasn't until afterwards that they informed me that the product was not in stock.

A month has passed and I have just received the following e-mail:

The 9500 128MB Pro is in stock Tomorrow but because of a mixture of price increase from sapphire and a bad dollar rate the price has increased, we are extremely sorry about this and if there was anything we could do to sell at the same price we would do, but unfortunately there’s not. The price may come back down when they are readily available but they will be very rare for a while yet

To say I am ticked off is an understatement. Surely I have an agreement with come-click-buy has they have already accepted my payment and therefore should honour the original price.

Does anyone know where I stand on this - will I just have to pay the extra and put it down to experience or should I fight my corner?

Thanks.

James

Eagie 08:41 18 Mar 03

My tale seems to have come to an end. Comeclickbuy have agreed to send me the card at it's original price (even though they say that their small print did say that the price could rise before it was shipped) so hopefully I will have one of these rare cards in my machine.

If you want to check this company out for yourself
click here? but note that the price will be £164.99 not the £149.99 that was still being advertised when I just checked their site.

Thanks for your posts and I hope you get your own cards soon.

James

Colin 18:58 18 Mar 03

I ordered the Connect 9500 PRO from Simply on Sunday night. Checked this morning, still showing in stock, but no delivery advice. Rang them this afternoon and was told that they were due to arrive today. They couldn't give an answer as to why the item is marked as in stock when it's not. They said I should have it by Friday. I will wait till then and cancel if nothing forthcoming. Maybe by then the non PRO 9700 will have dropped to a reasonable price with DABS. I order most of my PC stuff from them. Their site is very easy to navigate, Simply's is not. Since when is a graphics card a peripheral?

Diver14 19:25 18 Mar 03

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I've been waiting a month now. It's been 'in stock' on the simply site all that time!! My guess is that they don't change it to 'out of stock' to keep the orders coming in. If I've been waiting a month how many others are in the same situation? And what chance does that give you of receiving your card if they've loads of orders and only a small batch come in!!!!

Eagie 19:57 18 Mar 03

If Simply do have the card in stock you'd have thought that Diver14 would have recieved an e-mail letting him know his card was on it's way as he's been waiting for so long.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…