where do I stand, if service isn't provided?

josie mayhem 22:20 09 Nov 05

I ordered a up-grade to MB from onetel almost a month ago, I was a little bit peeved that it tied me into a 12 month contract, but decided that it would be less hassle than requesting a mac number, finding another provider and having to request a up-grade etc. Oh how wrong was I...

I've still not up and running, even though according to onetel, my up-grade was activated on the 2-11-05 (mind you there has been conflicting phone calls and e-mails over this date) I've e-mailed some test results back to them last Monday that they requested, but I've heard nothing since

I'm so fed up with it all, that I'm considering requesting a MAC number and going else where. But where do I stand concerning the 12 month contract. As according to them they have been providing me was a MB service since the 2-11-05, which I haven't received, so IMO if I've haven't received it, then I shouldn't be tied to a 12 month contract. So should be free to go elsewhere, or am I going to have problems over this?

spuds 22:57 09 Nov 05

If you can be certain that the service promised as not been supplied, then you have a claim under The Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 [as amended].

I had similar problems with Tiscali a short while ago, sending them a carefully worded letter, pointing out the above Act, soon corrected the situation.

Further advice and help click here click here click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…