Where to buy VHS recorder

impact 12:07 13 Jul 07

At the moment i have a panasonic DVD recorder with a harddrive, i also have quite a few family tapes that i would like to transfer to dvd,i tried to start the task yesterday but my trusty old video has packed up and refuses to oblige,what i need is a cheap machine just to do the conversion for me,as i wont need it in future,thanks for any advice.

bjh 12:24 13 Jul 07

Asda sometimes still sell cheap VHS models, as does Richer Sounds. However, some of these are not "high quality" - one or other of them isn't nicam stereo. Are you able to borrow one from a friend ? The reason I'm suggesting this is, from painful experience, you need to get as good a quality at the first stage as you can. I did loads of transfers from VHS using my newer Sharp VHS machine, only to find out that the older machine produced a far superior image... I'd done thirty tapes... should I bother redoing them was my dilemma...

You may find it not much more expensive to buy a dual VHS and DVD machine - again I did see a cheapie in Asda - because that would do the job quickly and easily, and have resale value.

Richer Sounds link to VHS (& DVD) recorders
click here
Asda linkto online
click here
BUT the model I saw in store was £29:99 (and from a look at it was all singing).

Totally-braindead 12:29 13 Jul 07

Borrow one from a mate.

spuds 12:57 13 Jul 07

The answer is very simple, any retailer who sells electrical, tv and radio goods.

I had a similar VHS recorder to DVD recorder set-up. Got fed up with the cables and setting up etc, visited Currys a couple of weeks ago and came out with a Funai DRV-B2737 (DRV-B2734) dvd recorder/vhs recorder all for £129.97.

Not sure whether it was Currys, Asda or Tesco, but one of them had a vhs recorder on offer for about £30/£35 recently.

Rayuk 13:34 13 Jul 07

Tried ebay

oldbeefer2 13:51 13 Jul 07

Local paper classifieds?

Stuartli 14:11 13 Jul 07

Asda do a £50 Bush model with Nicam:

click here

The Funai mentioned earlier is just under £99 from Pixmana (if you wish to deal with a French online retainer).

You may not have heard of Funai, but at least one of its products of this type is rebadged by Toshiba under its own name.

impact 15:17 13 Jul 07

very sorry for delay i just posted my thread and had to pop out,i was searching the web and tesco do the Funai mono for £31-89,but dont give carriage cost,Argos do same machine for £34-99,so may go there

Stuartli i may as well go for the Funai,i didnt know that and it may come in handy one day,thanks again all, appreceited.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…