Where to buy PC components

mb1980y 08:35 20 Aug 10

Hi

I'm looking into buying components to build a pc and I'm after some general idea what places are good to buy from.

Novatech
Scan
click here
overclockers

Does anyone know what there returns are like if you have faulty parts etc ?

Just after some general feedback before I part with a large amount of cash. Plus this way I can get a more current view on what people actually think.

Thanks

onthelimit 09:06 20 Aug 10

Also consider Dabs and Maplins.

Proclaimer 09:21 20 Aug 10

I have sent two items back to Overclockers for replacement, no problems at all. All done within 10 days from first contact to delivery of replacements.

Simsy 11:36 20 Aug 10

and am happy with...
eBuyer, (despite a thread I've just started about them!),

Amazon, (who are brilliant with returns),

cclcomputers.com, who have a good, helpful and friendly customer service, (though I've never had to return anything to them so can't comment on that aspect).

Good luck,

Regards,

Simsy

AL47 21:57 20 Aug 10

ive used

ebuyer
pricelover
ccl
amazon
lambdatek
overclockers

i just use who comes out cheapest

howard64 15:47 21 Aug 10

as AL47 says 'just use who comes out cheapest' but make sure you are comparing like with like including vat and delivery. Often someone will have a special offer which is worth taking advantage of. Moneysavingexpert has a way of getting the cheapest deals from Amazon who I always check before ordering from elsewhere.

jakimo 18:45 21 Aug 10

In general your not likely to get the best after sales service when buying the cheapest,some are only interested in getting your order,your problems are just that...your problem not theres

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…