Where to buy a new desktop?

Clueless_Techie 01:10 16 Jul 09

Hi, I'm looking to buy a new desktop that will be used almost exclusively for gaming (Have a decent enough laptop that I'll keep for actual work). I've been looking at different sites, and checking on their reliability, and they all seem to have mixed reviews. I was wondering what sites you would recommend for a good pc (I tend to keep them for a long time, so I prefer them to be very reliable).

Thanks in advance for any help.

isca2 12:23 16 Jul 09

Have a look at Cougar
click here

My Cougar system has been trouble free since Feb 2008.

Diemmess 12:51 16 Jul 09

Serious gaming requires high spec equipment which comes at a greater price.
I trust this firm to deal promptly and responsibly though gaming is not for me.
click here

Clueless_Techie 19:15 17 Jul 09

Thanks for the sites here. I'll probably use one of those. Now instead of starting a new thread, can anyone tell me what sort of processor is good for gaming? That's the only thing that I don't really know what to choose in my new pc.

Armchair 19:39 17 Jul 09

The higher the mark, the stronger the CPU

click here

Similarly, for graphics cards here

click here

Clueless_Techie 22:17 17 Jul 09

Thanks

Clueless_Techie 22:23 17 Jul 09

AMD PHENOM 9650 QUAD CORE 2.4GHZ 4MB CACHE,
4Gb Corsair Memory DDR2 800 (2 x 2gb),
500GB SATA Hard Drive,
3060 PLUS Black and Silver Midi Case,
Atrix 800Watt Silent Dual Fan ,
ATI 4870 1024MB PCI Express DDR DVI,
ASUS AUMBM3A78 M3A78,ATX,AMD770,DDR2,PCI-E,SATA2, DVD+/- RW - 18X Samsung Lightscribe,
Integrated Sound Card
64 BIT Windows Vista Home Premiem,

If you havent guessed by now, I'm not great with computer hardware. Just thought I'd post these specs and make sure the system will work well.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…