Where to buy Amilo Pi1505

Cloudbusting Dad 20:56 25 Aug 06

Can anyone help me with finding an online retailer for this Fujitsu-Siemens laptop (PC Advisor Best Buy sub £500 laptops in Oct 2006 issue)? I can only find a slightly higher spec machine on Dabs.com for £589.97 with 1GB RAM (instead of 512MB) and 80GB HD (instead of 60GB). If anyone knows of cheaper retailers for either the higher spec or the one reviewed in PC Advisor, that would be great.

lenc 15:59 26 Aug 06

If you don't mind a refurb, to a high standard, have a look at click here. Whilst not the latest kit, the stuff they supply is 'as new'.

wjrt 15:01 28 Aug 06

staples £499.**

Frodo the wise 15:20 04 Sep 06

I have just seen the higher spec Pi1505 laptop advertised in another magazine at click here 80GbHD 1Gb Ram(for £599.99) - but they are doing a great deal because for an extra £50 you can get a Pocket Loox PDA. If you're in the market for one of these too then this could be a really good option.
I've always found it's best to go for a better spec to start with rather than try and keep upgrading a machine. If ever you want to do video editing or store a lot of MP3s or photos you're bound to fill up anything less than an 80Gb drive on a laptop in no time.
I'm not sure but I think that the new Microsoft Vista operating system which is due out fairly soon requires 1Gb of RAM too so this may be worth considering before you make a purchase.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017