where are you 32-bit/win7pro/intel?

jonleach 17:39 14 Dec 10

Hi everyone... I need a new 32-bit pc for work, 64-bit isn't compatible with the software i use. The operating platform has to be windows 7 pro, and preferably using an intel processor. I've been searching for about a week and happy to continue my own search if someone can recommend a comparison site that i might not have used, or a particular website. So far i've been frustrated by my inability to find anything suitable. I've spoken to a helpful lady at misco.co.uk but she recommended a pc (and laptop which i'm also looking to buy) at a lot more than i wanted to spend, and the discount offered was next to nothing. So, any suggestions would be most welcome as i go to retrieve yet another headache tablet!! cheers

uk-wizard 18:05 14 Dec 10

Try Novatech click here i have just bought a desktop from them and am very pleased with it.

GaT7 19:23 14 Dec 10

Does it need to be a laptop or desktop, & what's your budget? What will you be using it for - please list all activities.

What software do you use that's incompatible with a 64-bit OS & how did you come to this conclusion? Even if it appears to be at first, there could be ways around it - for example Win7 Pro & above has free Virtual PC/XP Mode capability click here. XP mode is 32-bit (even if it runs in 64-bit Win7), so it should be able to run your 32-bit software. G

jonleach 19:37 14 Dec 10

I'd be using the pc for digital hearing aid programming, and some of the hearing aid manufacturers i use have said their programming software runs most reliably with 32-bit. I'm looking for both a desktop and a laptop, thanks.

GaT7 19:51 14 Dec 10

Right, & your budget for both are? Also, does the desktop budget include or exclude a monitor?

Does the software you'll be using have a minimum system spec? G

jonleach 19:51 14 Dec 10

And the budget is around £400 each for both desktop and laptop.

961 19:55 14 Dec 10

Dell business sytems use Windows 7 32 bit

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017