When something goes stupid we tend to say'Blame the French

SparkyJack 20:35 PM 16 Sep 11

Well this time it can only be the French that can do this.

I cancelled my EDF electricity account - terminating 31 March last.

Since then I have been expecting the final statement, until to day that is with in the post a stroppy final demand- as if I had been ignoring previous correspondence

. Then to cap it all a new account number which will not respond to all attempts to access- unless I register that is- to make a final payment.

Meanwhile they seem to be undergoing a system upheaval and are impossible to get through to on the telephone.

I could I suppose simply send a cheque with the reference to the new account number and trust it ties with the old account.

But I distrust this course of action with the possibility of the fund disappearing into some irretrievable pot.

What would be the recommended course of action?

Bald Eagle 21:09 PM 16 Sep 11

Come over to France and deal with these companies! A blooming nightmare! two years to get rid of France Telecon when I changed providers.

SparkyJack 08:30 AM 17 Sep 11

Well it seems not only the French

Baald Eagle - this morning looking at my mail I have two posts from PCA on this topic one posted a minute after the first both from you.

But when looking at this page you sent it only the once.

Anyways up - Earlier this morning- whilst the rest of the EDF clientele were still tucked up this Saturday morning I tried the automated system once more.

It took 5 goes punching account number, then selecting a plastic, then punching in account number and the system dropping out partway through- when i heard a feint voice saying Helloo Hello- A people- At EDF- and Lancashire lass as well- we spoke- she got my detail, and my account number and my card number and the amount to pay.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Vaio Z Canvas release date, price and specs: Another Surface Pro rival but for the US

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Steve Albini's notorious email is now a punchy music video

Live Photo tips: How to take Live Photos on the iPhone 6s, how to view, share, edit and find Live…