When can you cancel an on-line order ?

tazzie1971 21:15 07 Dec 04

I ordered a TFT screen from a on-line company 2 weeks ago. When I was making the order there was no mention the item was out of stock. 4 days later I received an e-mail to say my order status had been updated, it had to - out of stock. Now after 2 weeks there is still no change to the order status, the company say they are waiting for a delivery date from the manufacturer. I require this TFT for Christmas, so how early can I cancel the order with this company so that I can try and source it from somewhere else in time for Christmas ?
TIA

Salinger 21:56 07 Dec 04

Probably depends on THEIR T & C, have they debited your credit card already?

Send them an email cancelling the order due to their inability to supply - give them a time limit, say one week, if they can't supply in that period tell them you are cancelling and advise your cc company.

spuds 23:16 07 Dec 04

Trading Standards information click here

EU click here

jakimo 23:28 07 Dec 04

Under the distance selling regs. you can cancel as from now,
Don't give them a weeks notice,or it may be to late to get your tft in time for Xmas from another supplier

Forum Editor 00:01 08 Dec 04

if you want to get a new TFT screen this side of Christmas. Both online traders and courier services traditionally get very busy about now, and packages start piling up in distribution hubs.

tazzie1971 12:02 08 Dec 04

credit card hasn't been debited yet & going on from the above advice I should be able to cancel.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…